Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Am The Queen Bee

Yesterday I received a fabulous piece of art in the mail. It's a raised carving print. I was very drawn to it on etsy (see other prints and journals by the artist here), and I think I like it more and more everytime I look at it. The artist, Catherine Just, I became aquainted with through the Mondo Beyondo class--which I can't recommend highly enough.

My intention with the piece of art was to fill my classroom this year with things that inspire me and my students. I loved this line by the artist, "The queen bee knows who she is, and she isn't afraid to own it!" I think of how inspiring it would be to my students if I really owned who I was, not trying to fit into other expectations and having enough awareness of myself to know when this was happening and stop it.

In addition to the print here are some other things that will be in our classroom this year: plants, (maybe fish,) linens, lamps, pillows, a sofa, fun writing paper and office supplies--not just business. I also want to include and inspiration board for myself.

What do you include in your workspace to inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment