Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Self Care and Computer Sabbath



So I'm making some really intentional choices to care for myself this year. I want to offer the people I care about the best of myself. That is only possible if I take good care of myself and am at my best.

One thing I've decided to do is to take a "computer sabbath." From the time I leave school on Friday until Saturday late afternoon/evening I will not use my computer. I won't check emails. I won't blog. Nada.

This past Friday was my first break. It was kinda' tough. I just wanted to catch up on some of my favorite blogs that I had missed since school started. Instead I grouped my students based on little assessments they did this week for both Reading and Math, I read bedtime stories to my little cutie pie. I went out to breakfast, went to a farmer's market, and I went hiking with my little family. I took lots of gorgeous photos on the hike.

I can already feel the benefits, but it doesn't mean it's easy.

What are you doing to take care of yourself that you know is right, but it might not always feel good or easy?

Download a self care worksheet HERE
and
a little poster where you can add your 10 Self Care Tips HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment