Monday, August 15, 2011

Tip For Classroom Jobs Quick Fix With VIP

OK, so I find some of the really small things in a classroom that drive me absolutely insane. One of those is classroom jobs. I don't like to move the little cards every week or two. I've had kids apply for jobs, but there is always something important that goes undone.

A few years ago I read about this, and it has worked sooo well for me since then. Each day our class has one VIP. (I go in reverse number order.) That one person basically does ALL the jobs I need done, and some that kids just love to do. Some of these jobs include:

~Lunch count
~Messanger
~Paper passer
~Water plants
~Sign assignment books
~Pick up the floor
~Tidy classroom library
~Erase boards
~Turn off classroom computer

You get the idea. Sometimes they have a special spot where they sit, some years I don't do that. Students can always opt out. They choose someone to do part or all of those duties. We have a little board where most VIP duties are listed. Students can wear a name tag that says Today's Room 26 VIP. Most kids really look forward to their VIP day! Of course the quality of work done varies from day to day, but it all works out in the end.

What are some ways you've solved some little annoyances at your job?

No comments:

Post a Comment