Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pass It On



So it's Teacher Appreciation Week, and I suspect there are many teachers who are feeling anything but appreciated.  That is even tougher in a week when there is supposed to be some appreciation.

So what can we do?  Let's start with expressing some gratitude and appreciation to ourselves--our minds, our bodies, our spirits.  Try some self care!  Be gentle with yourself.

So what do we do next?

WE PASS IT ON--pass on the kindness, the gratitude, the positive attitude.  Pass it on to your coworkers.  It doesn't have to be fancy.  It can be a kind smile or a genuine compliment.  Pass it on to other teachers who have had an impact in your life--past teachers, mentor teachers, your child's teachers, and anyone else who comes to mind.

I was on the receiving end of one act of teacher appreciation this week that was so simple but so powerful.  When I think about it, I want to express gratitude with the same level of authenticity.  It was a simple telephone call.  It also made me realize that we don't need to have loads of people expressing appreciation, one is enough.

So with whom can you and I pass on appreciation and kindness?

P. S.  I'm going to pass on appreciation here tomorrow.  Stop back for a little dose of appreciation for teachers!


No comments:

Post a Comment