Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Great Kids' Books



So I have 2 books this week that should not be missed. Both are picture books that I believe have powerful messages that transcend age.

The first is It's A Book by Lane Smith. On his blog it says, "It’s a Book is about a book loving monkey, a tech savvy jackass and a straight talking little mouse." It's a great commentary on technology, and yet it is completely enjoyable to my two year old.

The second book I'm enjoying this week is Thank You, Bear by Greg Foley It's the story of a little bear who thinks he is on to something really good, but there are so many naysayers he begins to doubt himself. I think for grown-ups it's easy to see the need to follow one's intuition.

Both of these books are super simple, but really got me to thinking.

What books or other media are getting you thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment