Friday, December 30, 2011

Approaching The Gate of 2012





So we're just a bit away from entering 2012. It certainly feels like we're approaching the gate. It's still closed, but we know it's about to fly open. And I'm wondering if I'm ready. I'm tired, but I want to be so present when the gate flies open, and I boldly walk through.

I feel my heart and soul propelling me in other directions--away from the safe path. I'm so excited and scared by it. I already know that 2012 is going to be HUGE! I feel the earth moving and shifting. I know I'm going to be engaged with my little family, traveling, and taking Brave Teachers into great directions. I'm getting really into the business nitty gritty. Have I mentioned The Right Brain Business Plan by Jennifer Lee? I'm gobbling it up!


I'm actively pursuing calm. I've selected by word for 2012 {to be revealed soon!} I'm working on lots of plans for next year, and I'm trying to think of how to integrate the shift in my heart with my day to day interactions within my classroom. I'm thinking of little lessons to empower kids--the kind of stuff you have to sneak in because it has nothing to do with standardized tests but everything to do with the future of the human race. Am I the only person out there who thinks that is just soooo wrong? But I digress--give me a moment to hop off my education soapbox. . .

How about you? What are you planning or hoping or dreaming for 2012?

If you live within a couple hours of Akron, Ohio, I would LOVE to spend time with you at the Brave Teacher Play Day, January 16! We will be super casually creating and empowering and supporting each other. It's going to be a great chance to catch your breath so that you can move boldly through the gate and get 2012 started so beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment