Thursday, December 29, 2011

Eleven Amazing Bits of 2011

This year I stepped way out of my comfort zone. I was propelled by personal struggle and anguish, but then I kept going into new media and hope for my future. Lots of it was honestly very lonely. My heart was broken. I cried a lot. I grew. I found courage and strength I did not know I had. I have been forever changed.

This is no particular order, but here are 11 highlights of the year 2011 for me:

1. Watching Sam turn 2 and grow and change into an almost 3 year old. It's magical. It's simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking.


2. Beginning Brave Women's Breakfast for just encouraging myself and other women. It's a place to land and just be for a few hours. It's a little community--a tribe.

3. Having my heart broken {shattered} by the day to day powerlessness of the teaching profession.

4. Beginning to relearn the power of affirmations and self care at a deeper essential level.


5. And then coming back to teach for the 2011-2012 school year, and learning to find peace in the midst of it all--especially peace with myself.

Try our slideshow maker at Animoto.


6. Choosing the word {BRAVE} as my word for 2011. And discovering Brave Girls Club, and their amazing Soul Restoration Classes



7. Having my watercolor paintings in a real gallery show



8. Starting the Brave Teachers Website as a beacon of hope and a catalyst of empowerment for teachers everywhere. And then writing an ebook and so many other things you can read about here.

9. Creating the adventurous course, The Art and Soul of Brave Teachers and leading it for others in June and then leading it again at Lakeside in July.

10. Brave Teacher Retreat

Make your own slide show at Animoto.



11. Ending the year with more calm and peace in my life--thanks in part to the True Nature Retreat I experienced with my husband. It was a time for positive momentum both personally and relationally.

Make your own photo slideshow at Animoto.



I realize that I am sooooo blessed! My list could really go on and on, but these are a few bits that have had a powerful impact on my year. How about you? What is impacting you?

1 comment:

  1. Your bravery set in motion an AMAZING year! I am grateful to have been a part of some of those amazing events. I can't wait to see what you create in 2012. You are a never ending source of inspiration. I can't wait to see heat your word for 2012 will be....I have mine narrowed down but have yet to make the final decision. Here's to 2012 and all the yumminess and goodness that awaits....

    ReplyDelete