Tons of amazing and life changing stuff has happened, and I want to share it here, but in small doses. Here are some of the topics that I have become more familiar and experienced with in the first half of this year:
- Team Teaching
- 2nd grade
- Whole Brain Teaching
- Social/ Emotional Education
- Class Meetings
- Waldorf Education and Parenting (My Sam is in a Waldorf school for Kindergarten, and it has changed my life!)
- Soul Care for Teachers and Students
- Showing Up to Love our students
- Rafe Esquith's latest book
- Mentoring Teachers
- Mentoring PreService Teachers
It's crazy that with over 15 years of experience, I am still learning so much! It's an every single day sort of thing for me! It's overwhelming and exhausting, and I want to share it with you here. So call out your peeps and invite them over because I'm bringing this bad boy back!
We ended December with our off, off, off, off Broadway production of The Gingerbread Kid Caper. It is a school tradition, but it was my maiden voyage. I worked with my team teacher. She had the brilliant idea of turning the door area of her room (our performance hall) into a gingerbread house with gumdrops with everyone's name.
Looking forward to sharing so much more.
Happy 2015 to us all!
Where are you learning and growing professionally?