Now I have a son who also enjoys thumbprint art! Here is work he recently created on his own.
How could we use this in the classroom?
- Illustrations for a writing narrative
- Reviewing characters in an animal story
- Creating a character to write about
- Illustrations for math number stories
- Art component for science unit on animals
Other possibilities include: greeting cards, indoor recess, free choice center, art or creative expression, and creative thinking.
- Have a moist paper towel close at hand
- Don't have colorful stamp pads? Use washable markers.
- Pintrest has many examples
- Have examples younger students can recreate and model the process, and then the rest can be independent
Happy thumbprint creating!