Friday, January 2, 2015

2014: Year of Transformation Part 1




One year ago I said my word for the year was transformation.  I imagined a homely caterpillar morphing into a lovely butterfly.  And I desired that experience for myself.  Here is the crazy thing.  I fought it.  All year long.  Opportunities would place themselves in my path, and I would say, “I don’t think so,” or “Not yet,” or “It seems really scary.”

But in spite of my own best efforts to sabotage that transformation, it started.  It was slower and more painful that I had expected.  {I often find that I need to be hit over the head before I consent to real deep heart change.}  Nothing has been effortless, but the transformation has begun.  Here are some things I notice:

  • I am saying “YES!” more often.
  • I am trusting my intuition more.
  • I am accepting progress, rather than waiting for perfection.
  • I am more gentle with myself about parenting.
  • I am more trusting of my longings for a healthier body, mind, and spirit.
  • I am more accepting of imperfection in my world, rather than trying to force change.
  • More truth telling, at least to myself.

More, More, More!  I see so much more coming into my life, and when last year started I thought it was going to be about less--less weight, less work, less fear.  

This is the difference between living in scarcity and living in abundance.  I think I’ve just dipped my toe into abundance, and I can’t wait to see what happens when I cannonball right into that pool that is overflowing with love and peace and all needs met.

I believe that 2015 is going to be Transformation, Part 2.  I am looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

What kind of transformation are you hoping to find in 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment