Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sacred Space

As the school year starts to wind down it becomes more and more important to practice self care.   It is not for the weak.  It is for the wise.  I am feeling really crabby and prickly today.  I know I need to practice self care.  I took myself out to breakfast, and I'm working on plans for my future.  For me that is part of self care.  So is sharing this blog with you.


In January I took myself on a little private retreat at True Nature in Millersburg, Ohio.  One of the things that came out for me in a little finger painting activity is the need for sacred space in my life.  In order to create and be and nourish other people I must leave some sacred space.

What is sacred space?  I think it is a place where we nourish the most sacred and true part of ourselves--our light.  The world is always pressing in on our sacred space.  When we cease to be vigilant it can totally disappear, and in a sense it takes the most amazing part of us with it.

Please take good care of yourself.  Don't let the urgent trump the important anymore than is absolutely essential.  You will slide into summer in a more beautiful space (and maybe not quite as exhausted!) if you honor your sacred space now.

No comments:

Post a Comment