Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hunting For Hearts

I went out to the woods with my little family.  We were hiking.  I started looking for rocks shaped like hearts along the path.  Sam was very emphatic that I was not on my mission.  As I would stop to take photos, he said things like, "That doesn't look like a heart to me." and "That one is just a triangle."  This cracked me up and simultaneously made me sad that we humans learn to rain on other people's parades so early in life.

He was into the spirit of the thing, because I had to take a picture of this nut shell that Sam found:



Despite Sam's doubt of my artistic eye, I saw lots of hearts when I really started looking:




And so, what is the lesson in all of this {it seems like every situation these days has a lesson for me}  Keep looking for what you want to find, and don't let anyone, even people you love, rain on your parade!

I hope you find what you're looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment