Monday, November 12, 2012

Update Of Super Improvers Wall



Here is my Super Improvers Wall, as of Friday.  I'm still loving it and the other Whole Brain Teaching tools I'm using.  If you're feeling frustrated with student behavior, work habits, growth or motivation, this is a great tool!

Here is what I especially like about the wall after using it about 8-9 weeks:


  • It's still motivating most of my students {and EVERYONE want to know what happens after someone reaches "Living Legend"}
  • There is an element of responsibility built in.  Students must keep their star card.  If you lose your card, you start the level over--no exceptions.
  • Most students are supportive of each other.  There is always applause, initiated by students, when someone moves to the next level.
  • I'm less easily frustrated by behavior, because it's easy to shift momentum by looking around and giving stars.
  • It encompasses behavior, work habits, and academic growth.
  • It's positive--no one ever loses starts.
  • It costs me nothing, but a little time.
If you want to learn more about Whole Brain Teaching, check out this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment