Thursday, August 27, 2015

Yoga Just For Girls



I can't even tell you how much I wished I had learned the basics of yoga as a child.  Stuff like breathing to relax or calm down before a test.  Moving the body to quiet the mind.  {As a child I thought my brain ran nonstop--always curious and wondering and questioning.}

Even more I wish I had learned some body acceptance as a child.  I think the course of my adult life and relationships would have/could have been very different.  Those are thoughts for another day.

I am pleased to present Just 4 Girls, a creative yoga program that centers around stories, games, and art.  Each session has a different theme.  The first week is strength. Follow weeks include:  peace, beauty, kindness, spoken words, and gratitude.  These skills lead to lifelong healthy habits.  We will play fun simple games, practice poses within stories, and create a project to take home.

The program is geared for girls in grades 1 - 5.  Girls are asked to bring a yoga mat or beach towel and wear comfortable clothes.  The program runs on Mondays, 6 - 7 p.m., September 28 - November 2.  We will meet at the Art Center on Tusc.  {571 W. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton OH  44203}  The six session investment is $50

Registration is open HERE

If you have questions or would like to bring this yoga to your community group or school, email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment