Thursday, October 20, 2011

Looking At The World Like A Kid



One of my favorite things about hiking with someone who is two and a half ( and the most annoying part) is that Sam has to stop and look at everything. In the picture above he lay down on a bridge because he wanted to look at frogs. He did this for maybe ten minutes.

I'm surprised by how he can pick up and look at dozens of rock or leaves or sticks. It takes us a really long time to hike like this. Sometimes I'm surprised by the beautiful things I get to see that I would have just dashed by if I were walking alone. I'm also surprised that I don't approach life more like a two year old.

Everything is special and unique and worth a second look.

This is one of those lessons I'm learning from Sam.

What are you learning from the people in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment