Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day Secret Mission



Part of my ploy this year is to embark on secret missions--where I'm doing things that are just thoughtful for other people or I would like to have done for me.

I got a great idea from brandy. As soon as I read her post I knew I wanted to do this with my son. Our secret mission was to make snack bags for people we knew would have to work on Christmas. We just took brown lunch bags and filled them with snacks--microwave popcorn, bottles of water, granola bars, hot cocoa, and a variety of other goodies. We filled bags around our dining room. Some bags even got stickers.

On Christmas morning we left early for church. We went to 2 fire stations, the police station, and a variety of gas stations and convenience stores that were open. It was a real moment of humanity--what I think Christmas is really all about. It was also more of the Christmas that I want Sam to know than the toy pit that is overtaking our living room today. He was also delighted to get to sit in the purple fire engine. Yep, I said purple! I hope to download a photo from my husband's phone--super cute! I loved that when we got in the care he said, "OK, let's give away more treat bags."

It might have been the best part of Christmas for me. What was your best part of Christmas?

Are you working on your word for 2012? I'm still not there, but I'm working on it!

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely fantastic! I've put in on file for the coming Christmas but will also try my hand at adapting the 'treat bag' for other festivities through the coming year!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete