Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Keep Inspiration Close

You've probably heard, and maybe said, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."  I say forget all that--no matter what keep your inspiration close at hand.

Whatever you touch every single day should have something that inspires you.




Right now I touch my calendar ever single day, so on the front I have two post it notes where I quickly jotted down two tidbits of inspiration.





They aren't pretty or fancy, but I find myself reading them--even when I'm not intending to look at them!


"Create the thing you wish existed."



"Be faithful to that which exists nowhere but in yourself."  {Andre Gide}


My gaze passes over them, and I'm reading.  It's automatic.


I'm a big believer in training our mind to lead us.



So what's the take away for you?

I don't know!  I do have a couple suggestions:

1.  Fill your world with inspiration.  Start today.  Don't wait--post its with quotes and affirmations and religious text, photos, collages, natural elements, art, music.  Fill it with as much as you can and you will be filled in return.

2.  Sign up for Summer of Inspiration.  {Yes, I am shamelessly promoting my free summer emails.  The quotes speak to me and lead to the art--be it ever so humble!  You still have time to get some great stuff!  These might even be fun to share with your students or coworkers in the Fall!

3.  Plan now to fill your classroom with words that inspire your students.  You might even invite students to bring in quotes or ask adults what inspires them.  Do you see how this can lead many directions?  You might be surprised by how many teachable moments will be had over a quote by Dr. Seuss or Shel Silverstein or whomever you to choose to place in your classroom in the honored seat of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment