Monday, September 19, 2011

Instant Learning Comes To 4th Grade




I love when learning comes to us. For example someone brought me some Hawaiian Air Plant. And then she brought enough for me to start plants for all the kids in both science sections. The next thing I knew we were "planting" or placing leaves on top of soil in pots on our desks.

The kids love this! So many have commented in journals about it. (It could drive me slowly crazy when they tip over! So far the kids have been great about cleaning up the messes.)

I did plants at the end of the year last year. I love this chance to just integrate it in with what we are doing. I LOVE when learning just shows up like this.

I wonder, as adults, how many learning experiences show up that we push away. When I see the joy it brings to kids--the kind that never comes from a text book or even a movie, I think I want more of that. I want to be open to the little things and imagining how big they can become.

No comments:

Post a Comment