Thursday, June 20, 2013

Doing Less and Being More


This is a kid who knows how to BE present.  That is one content face!  He is not trying to impress or fool anyone.  He is just BEING.  {He was swinging today at a little park in Port Clinton.}

Boy, I want some of that.  And I'm kinda' wondering when I lost it.  

I think I should confess I prefer to DO present.  What is the activity and action?  What will I have to show for myself?  I feel like I always need to be doing something.  I think one of my lessons for this summer is going to be DOING LESS and BEING MORE.  It seems so simple, but if feels so complicated.  I want to be comfortable in my own skin without needed to do.  I want to just chill with Sam and have that be enough.

Don't you love how much kids teach us?
Do you have any tips about Doing less or Being more?

No comments:

Post a Comment