Monday, June 3, 2013

What's new?

Sam at Lakeside over Memorial Day Weekend

I've been really quiet here during most of this school year.  You might wonder what is new.  The answer is A TON!

As of June 9, I will be a certified yoga instructor.  This has taken a major time investment this year, and it has been so worth it.  I have been forever changed.  I've also started instructing a weekly class this spring.  {We will be on hiatus until September.}  I'm planning and looking forward to starting a child and parent/caregiver class this Fall, too.

Candles and twinkle lights set a calm stage for yoga.


I have started to explore presenting my art to the world in the form of whimsical and fresh acrylic paintings.  {I'm doing this in part with the goal of being able to send my son to private school in another year.}  I've had 2 pieces shown in juried shows, and I'm very pleased to say my original art is available exclusively at Miss Mercedes in Lakeside, Ohio, and her new location in Marblehead, Ohio!  See more of my paintings in the Brave Art Gallery.  {I will soon be making prints available.}

Joy-full Overflow, acrylic on canvas, 2013, original size 11 x 14


My family dynamic took a radical turn this year, and so I have been learning how to be what has felt like a mostly single parent.  This has taken a great deal of energy and strength and patience to manage a spirited 4 year old every day after school until bedtime.  {Frankly, his bedtime often was my bedtime!}

I'm so excited to be able to take Sam to Lakeside for the entire summer.  No matter how wonderful that it--and it is WONDER-FULL--there are plenty of challenges and extra planning on both ends to make such an adventure work.

I'm learning more about how to be a better teacher and navigate my way into Common Core and the new Ohio Teacher Evaluation System.

It's been a long season of change and becoming.  I've been all over the place.  I can say that this has been a real season of internal growth and shifts.  I'm looking forward to being able to share more creativity and tales of my life as a teacher and mom and human being.  I'm looking forward to how everything is going to shake out.

How are things going for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment