Friday, July 31, 2015

Inspiring Change and A Challenge


Dear Amazing You,

It's Friday.  It's the last day of July.  This week the inspiration emails have all been about change.  Change is one of those tricky things we have been conditioned to fear.  I like today's quote in part because when we just let go with change we suffer so much less than when we fight it the whole way.  I'd love to here what kind of change is happening with you and how you are feeling about it.

And now for the Friday Challenge.  I'm inviting you to practice "the art of elimination."  So the challenge is responding with action to the question, "What can I take away so that my life is calmer, simpler, and more what it was meant to be?" I read a great little blog post HERE about this topic.   Miachaelangelo said that his David was in the stone clamoring to be freed.  What part of you and your life is just clamoring to be freed from the material or emotional or social or financial stuff that is trapping you and keeping you from being a beautiful masterpiece?  I would honestly love to hear your thoughts on this!


Have you seen what Brave Teachers is up to these days
I'd love to have you join in the fun! Check these out:
  • Personalized Professional Development is having a HUGE sale.  For Individual Subscriptions go HERE.  For Whole School Participation go HERE.
  • I am scheduling school consulting and coaching dates as well as workshops for all of the 2015 - 2016 school year.  Email mail and we will connect about what I can do to best support teaching and learning in the upcoming year at your school.
  • Brave Yoga:  Breathe, Stretch, Relax continues at ACoT for a few more weeks on Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 - 10:45, $8.  
  • Every Saturday, 9 - 10 a.m. I'm guiding yoga at Grace Loyal Oak UCC, 3285 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road, Norton 44203  for $8
  • Kids Yoga Adventure at Columbia Woods Park, Wednesday, August 5, 10 am.  Kids and their adults are invited to join games, stories, and creative adventures.  Suggested Donation $5.  Bring a yoga mat or beach towel
  • Saturday, August 8, I will be in my studio from 10:30 - 6 p.m. as part of BAM!  Barberton Art Mart.  Vendors and musicians and artists will fill the street and ACoT in downtown Barberton.
Have an amazing weekend filled with wonder,

Brave Teacher Mim

No comments:

Post a Comment