Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let It Snow! Let It Go!


Today we actually have a little snow on the ground, and the flakes were flying off and on all day. No matter how much I want it to be gone in March, I have a giddy feeling in my stomach when it starts. I love to see how excited my students are to see the snow return.

I've also spent today thinking lots about letting go. Letting go of needing to follow the super rigid schedule in my classroom. My students don't care that we didn't start Math at 11:00 exactly. They barely even noticed. Letting go of doing everything just so--lesson plans, grading, etc.

I was really surprised to see that when I didn't force, I actually accomplished a great deal. I'm sure there's a great deal of universal truth wrapped in there! Can I respect and trust the process in life and at school?

What happens when you let go?

No comments:

Post a Comment