Thursday, December 2, 2010

Simply Nourished



This evening we had one of our favorite meals. . . A Bakeover! This is such a simple way to serve wholesome and nourishing food. I learned about this from Mary Jane Butters. She is the goddess of organic farming and wise and whimsical self promotion. I love her books, magazine, and website.

To make a bakeover you simple choose vegetables to saute. I love the groovy little pan she sells to do this in--easy and efficient. Then you make a little crust--think biscuit mix and pop it in the oven. When you take it out of the oven you flip it onto a plate and then consume.

I love the combo of nourishment and simplicity. It takes a little time, but the quality is worth it. Tonight our meal had lots of potatoes from our organic farmer and friend, Dennis.

This also brought a little personal challenge to mind. What could I do to simply nourish my spirit or my creativity?

How do your simply nourish your body, mind, and spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment