Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Word For The New Year


Drum roll, please. . .

my word for 2011 is BRAVE!

I've already started by finding this definition:

possessing or displaying courage; able to face and deal with danger or fear without flinching

And here are a few thoughtful quotes


  • A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
    Mohandas Gandhi

  • Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place where no one else has ever been.
    Alan Alda

  • Fortune and love favor the brave.
    Ovid

So I'm feeling really enthusiastic and a little shy about my new word. I think it's all about taking action--whether the action is waiting or leaping in a new direction. I think it's all about letting go of fear. (I wish someone sold cans of "Fear-B-Gone!") I'm pulling myself out of the "I'm the only one" bubble by planning a Brave Women's Breakfast--more about this soon.

I also think the time is right for my little brave teacher e-zine to get off the ground, and I have lots more ideas for brave teachers--more about all of this will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment