Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Everyday Math Game Organization



For 5 years now I've tried to figure out how to store my Everyday Math games. I took lots of other people's ideas because they sounded smart and organized, but in the end none of them worked for me. This year I finally has a system that works fairly well for me and my students.

I got lots of the magazine boxes at IKEA. They're plain white. I just write the name of the game, and then I put the game sheets in that box. For some games I have laminated copies of the game sheets or boards. I also place the plain old copied papers in there. Next to the magazine boxes I have lots of little boxes with a pair of dice, a deck of math game cards, and beans for counters.

How do I know the system is working? Kids rarely interrupt me in my small teaching group to ask for directions!

What organizational tips do you have?

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Always looking for ideas to organize materials.

    ReplyDelete