Monday, January 23, 2012

Make It Monday: Altoid Tin Upcycling






Welcome to Make It Monday!

When I have a little project that I've made or want to make, I will share them here on Mondays in the future.

Today I'm sharing an ongoing project in this ongoing series. I'm going to share different ways I'm using Altoid tins. I love these things! I shared my first project HERE last summer. I still really like my little box of affirmations.

I've been thinking what else I could do. If you like the box in the photos above, here's how to make your own:

You need: empty Altoid tin, your choice of tissue paper (torn into pieces the size of postage stamps), Mod Podge, a foam brush

1. Apply a layer of Mod Podge on the outside of tin
2. Begin applying layers of tissue paper. (I applied about 4-5 layers)
3. You're done with this part when you like the way it looks!
4. Use scraps of scrapbooking paper or colorful index cards
5. Write journaling prompts for yourself (or your students) on the cards.

Here were some of my prompts:
~What enchanted me today?
~What did I do today that could be enchanting?
~What could I do to feel more enchanted and magical?
~What did I do today that required courage?
~How would I like to enchant others today (or tomorrow)?
~Did I resist being enchanting or enchanted today?
~What do I observe right now in this moment?

I'm sure you can think of lots more that serve you!

I think this would also make a fun little gift--a blank book/journal, a pen (or set of pens) and a tin full of writing prompts! I know I would like to receive such a gift!


Another site with "manly" projects with Altoid tins is HERE. (Love these!)

What are you making these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment