Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Find Your Edge and Relax



So in yoga, I often hear this phrase, "Find your edge, and relax."

My personal translation of that line is,  "This is going to be challenging or difficult or uncomfortable.  I will probably want to quit.  I definitely will not want to relax and breath!"

We just got new copy machines at our school yesterday.  {Aren't we so fortunate--especially in the age of cut backs in everything?!}

We're all just learning how to use them.
I've heard lots of complaining.
It's new and different.
We're pushed to a little edge.

Have you ever noticed how we, as teachers, are the worst at being open to the challenging of finding our edge?  {Not going over the edge--that's different!!}  Of learning something new. Of doing the stuff we ask our students to do EVERY day.

And we can completely forget about the relax part--especially in the midst of a challenge or finding our edge.

Today I invite you to join me.  I'm going to find my edge--accept it for what it is.  I'm going to try to relax and take a few cleansing breaths.  It's going to feel good and be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment