Friday, July 23, 2010

Book Recommendation Friday



Every year I try to start out with a read aloud novel that is newer to me. It's usually something I've read over the summer. I have just discovered the read aloud for this school year. . .Where The Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin. It was a Newbery Honor book this year, but I would have never picked it up if my brother had not recommended it.

I read it in one day! I never do that anymore. It is a beautifully woven tale that combines many legends in a stunning way. I can't wait to share it with my class. It is also a wonderful example of traditional literature for middle grade kids. There are many life lesson woven throughout, and I love the strong heroine. I think even reluctant readers would enjoy this story filled so much adventure.

The website linked above also has a fun introductory activity for the book and several activities for during and after reading.

What books do you recommend to read aloud?

No comments:

Post a Comment