Friday, October 15, 2010

4th Grader's Book Recommendations




One thing I love about 4th graders is they will always recommend the book they have recently read. I'm still that way. I can't wait to talk about what I'm reading or have read recently.

This week there are 3 books recommended by 4th graders. Here they are:

Geronimo Stilton: The Kingdom of Fantasy. Click on the title to read a review, but my student said "it is a very exciting and adventurous story."

Next we have the classic, Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary. The movie of this book that came out this summer has sparked renewed interest for Beverly Cleary books in my classroom. My student said this book reminded her of her and her big sister. It's hard to believe that book was written in 1955. It's so timeless!

Finally, I'm trying to add more Greek mythology to my classroom library (in part because of the interest in Percy Jackson.) There is a whole series designed to appeal to girls called Goddess Girls by Joan Holub and Susan Williams. My student read Goddess Girls: Athena the Brain. She said,"This book has a lot of chapters and was a great book. I would recommend it for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders." (I suspect that is the exact audience this series desires.)

These were all recommended by girls. I hope to get some boys recommending books in the future. They're reading, but seem slower to recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment