Friday, October 8, 2010

No Time For Book Recommendations



Sometimes I pressure myself about a book to recommend--Friday's coming, think of a book. Not this week! After almost a week of wet rainy weather the sun was shining and the skies were blue.

I left school today with a lighter load than usual for a Friday, and I headed to the woods with my little family. It was delicious and luxurious. We strolled. We ran into a friend who took our picture. We saw dogs and scampering squirrels and ducks and airplanes painting white lines on the blue skiy.

Sam wanted to touch every tree and most stones. And he watches everything, observing, soaking it in. It's hard to imagine that I was once like that, but it feels a little closer when I'm with him. And the pressure melts away. At least for a few moments.

Stay tuned as there will be some young book recommenders sharing their thoughts on books in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment