Monday, October 11, 2010

Inspiration vs. Procrastination

After a sunny and warm weekend I arrived at school this morning more prepared for a Monday than usual. So what was I to do with my time? Well, it wasn't going to be all the stuff I've been avoiding!

I've observed something interesting about myself: I let all kinds of little ideas, tasks, and inspirations crowd my time so I don't have to do things I don't particularly enjoy--grading, locating extra practice, etc. There are even tasks that I enjoy, but they take a lot of energy (i.e. writing friendly letters to my students or planning for my parent class on reading) so I avoid them.

Am I alone in this? I doubt it! How do you balance the inspirational parts of life with the tasks you would rather procrastinate?

No comments:

Post a Comment