Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Book Recommendation


It's been a while since I recommended a book here. This is NOT school related. It is a spiritual memoir. I'm sure plenty of people could find reason to be offended--this is probably true for any book.

Anyway. . .

I am so glad that this was the book I picked to read over spring break. I can't believe I hadn't found it before. The book is Take this Bread: A Radical Conversion by Sara Miles.

It challenged me to really think about 2 things:

1. What parts of my spiritual practice do I do just because people around me are doing them.

2. It really just takes a willingness and determination to do some really big stuff to make the world a better place.

I loved the way the author described conversion as a process--a really long process. It would be impossible to put this book in a nutshell, but it really focuses on being physically and spiritually fed. If you're feeling hungry in your spirit, this is a beautifully thoughtful read.

No comments:

Post a Comment