Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kids Encouraging Kids

Do you ever notice how the role models most kids have are not showing them how or why to be kind to other people?  It feels to me like just the opposite, but I am old!  This drives me crazy!  I want kids to know how really really good it feels to encourage someone else or extend yourself in kindness!  {I think it's one of the BEST feelings in life!}

In the spirit of this belief my 4th graders did a "secret mission."  They wrote inspiring messages on 4x6 index cards for the other 3rd and 4th graders in our building.  (They didn't know it, but there was another class doing the same thing for them!)



They also made posters to hang all around our classroom.  This is the lazy teacher's method of covering all potentially helpful tools and charts in the classroom during state testing!





How do you encourage and empower acts of kindness in your students?

No comments:

Post a Comment