Sunday, April 29, 2012

Finishing Well

My students and I survived testing.  It was a challenge on Friday just to get back into a regular old math lesson with no practice questions!  I really did feel a let down when it was all over.  I try to act like it doesn't matter, but my body tells a different story.



So what's next?

I've been thinking about what does it mean to finish well.  So what does it mean to finish well?

Here are some of the things I'm thinking about finishing well:


  • I'm providing my students with some projects to take away from the year with them--a power point research project, a poetry anthology, book club projects.
  • Having special events like field trips
  • Cleaning the room so it is ready to start next year.
  • Beginning planning for next year so that it can be even better than this year
  • HERE IS THE REALLY BIG ONE--taking care of myself so that none of the above things, or the mountain of year end paperwork, or my life away from school makes me crazy.  So that I enter summer calmly.
I'm not sure how to do all of this, but I hope to share some of that here.

I'm also doing a FREE live coaching session on Thursday, May 3, at 9 p.m. Eastern.  I'll share more about this over the next couple days.

What are you doing to finish well this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment