Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Inspired By Beautiful Creativity and Autumn




I keep leaving my camera at school with the photos I want to download to this post. So they will eventually be here for all to witness.

On Saturday morning I drove to the Country Living Fair in Columbus. It was crazy and gorgeous. The weather was spectacular. I did buy a few things, but I mainly soaked in the creativity. I always love the power to create and make money doing it. I'm trying to figure that out myself. I loved seeing all the ways people dressed. I loved the amazing energy of "Sisters on the Fly." Who wouldn't want to have a rehabbed trailer with a great paint job that you could take on a cowgirl caravan? I enjoyed seeing the passion of artists and shoppers alike. I enjoyed sitting on the ground and people watch and hear conversations and create stories about the lives of the people I saw. It was fun to be alone on my own time schedule--free to come and go as I please. For many years I took that for granted, and now it is so rare I don't know what to do with it. It was really a simple pleasure.

I also loved seeing pumpkins and cornstalks. I really enjoy fall decorating. Who doesn't like carving a pumpkin? I like the naturalness of it all. In many ways I like it more than decorating for Christmas. Fall doesn't have so many shoulds and shouldn'ts attached to it. More simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment