Friday, September 10, 2010

Twisted (of Folded) Humor


Okay, I'm taking a risk here and I'm recommending a book I have not yet finished. I am currently reading The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger. The humor of this book might not be for everyone, but even the premise makes me smile--Dwight, a real loser, has an origami Yoda who dispenses wisdom. Is the Yoda real or not? The book is divided into incidents that are documented by Tommy, another loser, who want to know the answer.

I think this quirky book will appeal to anyone who likes Yoda, origami, or other books like Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I think reluctant male readers from 4th grade up might enjoy this. I'd give it a shot.

I have a smile on my face just thinking about it! By the way, instructions for folding your own origami Yoda are included.

What are you reading these days that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment