Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Respectfully Yours


One of the things I love about impatiens is how they will look like their on their last leg, and then they bounce back with gorgeous blooms and a new zeal for sharing their beauty with the world.

Today I would not say I'm on my last leg, but I would say I'm a little bruised and beaten up. I'm not weathering the little every day storms of life quite as well as I wish I was. I feel moody and tired. And my feelings are hurt that so few people seem to share my perspective on life and the world.

On one hand it seems so petty, but on the other hand it is the core of my being that is feeling this way. So instead of diminishing my reality I'm going to respectfully be with myself. I'm not going to pretend that everything is OK, but I'm not going to wallow either.

I want to bloom and exude zeal and share the best of what I am with the world. I think in large part that needs to be a focal point for me--without force or threat shining my light into the world. I've downplayed it and hid it and stood behind others I thought were brighter for too long. It's time for me to take inspiration from my impatiens and keep my heart open. I'm starting to seriously seek a tribe to support and tend to this little impatien. And for today I will respect myself enough to be here. And that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment