Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No One Is An Island


So it's respect Wednesday, and I had an event this week in which I felt terribly disrespected. I was hurt and angry, and my confidence faltered. I felt embarrassed that I couldn't just handle it and let go of it.

It really got me to thinking about the power of a tribe. How I'm not really supposed to be able to handle it all on my own. How I need the support of other people. (That's honestly hard for me to type or even admit to myself.) I've had little seasons with a supportive tribe, but it's never been something I've cultivated--even though my spiritual beliefs say it's essential. I don't know if it's age or wisdom, but I know I need it. For that reason (and others), I've signed up for Mondo Beyondo's Fall Dream Lab. I believe there is still time to join, if anyone is interested. It begins October 4. I love that it gives you a tribe--an instant place where you belong. I've made connections with people through Mondo Beyondo whose blogs I continue to read, sometimes respond to, and even buy their art!

I'm also feeling compelled to find a tribe of flesh and blood women. I will be working on that. I don't know if it will be on a personal level or a professional level or both. Don't know exactly what that means, but I believe I will when I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment