Monday, January 24, 2011

Inspired by Sam




This little fellow is going to be 2 years old on Sunday. We are celebrating with fuzzy monsters and family.

I know people ALWAYS say this, but I can't even tell you how different life is from what it used to be. Here are some of the ways I am inspired today by Sam.




  • A profound curiosity about EVERYTHING. (I want to protect that as long as I can and foster it in myself.)
  • Energy and Joy--how can one little boy have so much?
  • Protecting time--because of him I can't give away all my time to others
  • Passage of time--racing forward (Weren't you just born yesterday?) and the profound capacity to stand still in some sacred phenomenon
  • Satisfaction with the simple--Elmo slippers were the best Christmas present!
  • Stealth art ninja moves--These allow Sam to connect any brush with the nearest liquid in a nanosecond. It also makes me smile
  • Don't take yourself too seriously--I think those should have been the first words out of his mouth!
  • Be present--wherever you are, just be all there.

I'm sure there are loads more inspiration points for me, but time is fleeting. I do feel inspired and blessed when I think of the profound impact and different choices I've made in the past couple years.

What's inspiring you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment