Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Better With Age



If that little watercolor pencil piece doesn't move you, what will? Super Sam (with his faithful assistant, Daddy) made this birthday card for me. You can't even imagine how proud of it he is--super sweetness!

So today is my birthday. It seems like every year something really stands out to me. For me this year I was so aware of the age fantasy for women that is perpetuated by our culture on birthdays.

Was I 29, again? No, thank you! I'm not at a place in my life where I fantasize about what my life was like when I was 29 or what life would be like if I could return to 29. With great pride and honesty I can say that I would not return to 29, even if I could. And I have done a great deal of work to find myself in a wonderful place of enoughness today. I am enough. I have been given enough. I have done enough. (I don't always believe this, but I do today.) And I think this is about enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment