It's my birthday tomorrow--so this is technically my Birthday Eve. I always thought 42 sounded old--certainly at 20, but even when I was 40! I had no idea what life would be like but here are some things I know I never expected:
- Becoming a mom at 40
- Being the money earner in my family
- Still be teaching
- Completed 4 marathons
- Lived on both coasts, around the Midwest, and Alaska
- That I could reinvent myself from almost nothing multiple times
- Loving yoga
- Surviving deep personal loss--of dreams, plans, loved ones, etc.
- So many paradoxes--love home and travel, very motivated to be still, and other such dichotomies
- Using the Internet to connect with whole communities I may never meet
- Loving making art, cooking, watching movies, reading magazines, and bubble baths (especially with the door closed and no little fists pounding on the door!)
- Beginning to love myself
- Really thirsting for more faith
The list could really go on forever. I'm surprised by the course of my life. I honor it! And I know it's going to be a great year--dare I say, the best yet!