Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sometimes A Little Help is Good


I have a really difficult time asking for help. Really difficult.

It's even tough for me to accept help that I haven't asked for but know I need. A funny thing happened at yoga yesterday. I was doing a twist, and the instructor was walking around supporting and adjusting students. In my mind I was thinking, "Don't stop here," but since my telepathy is not too good, she stopped right with me. The funny part was with a little support I could move twice as far! We're not talking a micromovement. We're talking a giant step! It felt really good. And she said, "Sometimes a little help is good."

So why is it so hard for me to accept help? Why do I give sacrificially of my time to others but expect that no one wants to do that for me? What giant steps have passed me by because I wouldn't accept help?

Will you allow yourself to accept help today?

No comments:

Post a Comment