Sunday, April 10, 2011

Take A Kid into Nature




So what happens when you take a kid into nature? Today is the last day of Spring Break. I'm finally starting to get over the eternal cold, but now the rest of my little family is down with it. And for the first day, it's finally really warm--over 75 degrees F.

Not ones to be daunted by running noses, coughing, and sneezing we decide a little fresh air will do us all good. So we pull out the big stroller and head down to the Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath--which is just a couple blocks from our house.

Internally my heart resists. It's the last day of break. I want to lounge and work on braveteachers.com or just do nothing. But I know I will be sad tomorrow when I can't be with the boys, so there I am.

Some highlights:

~All the nature a two year old can observe--geese, birds singing, water, animal poo, rocks, leaves, etc.
~A small boy who wants to get out and run--and be chased!
~The same small boy squealing with glee at being caught and swung upside down.
~So many signs of spring--more on this tomorrow!
~And just as we were about to head toward home we met the most interesting guy with a parrot and saw a loooonnng train and an ambulance with its screeching siren rushed by.

We were absolutely blissed out--and this is what happens when you take a kid into nature!

What gives you BLISS?

No comments:

Post a Comment