Sunday, May 15, 2011

Powerful Community of Women


I think the community of women is a lot like rain. There is a little drip here and another there--almost unnoticed. And then there is a puddle, a creek, a stream, a rushing river, and powerful ocean wave that can move anything. It all starts with just a little drip. It can nourish and enrich a little seedling or move an entire mountain. This, to me, is the powerful community of women.

Saturday was another Brave Women's Breakfast. I was so struck by what I'm learning about community with women.

I'm learning. . .

It's more about the intention than how many people show up.
It's crazy how much we have to share with each other. The whole is definitely greater than the sum of the parts.
It's surprising how similar our stories are, regardless of age, places we've lived, income, etc.
We can do things with the support of other women we could never do alone on our own.

Every time we meet I feel inspired and supported by other women--so powerful

We've started hiking the Buckeye Trail--a 1,400 mile trail all around Ohio. We've finished about 1 1/2 miles! I can't wait to see how far we get together.

Where do you find community? How are you supported by community?

No comments:

Post a Comment