Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Walk in Nature and a Content Heart





Today was the first day in over a week that the sun was actually shining for more than a tease. I thought about staying late after school to start to sort and purge files. Instead I left for home at about 4 o'clock, went out for pizza with my little family, and went for a walk in the woods.

The water was rushing in the river--like I've never seen before in this little branch of the Cuyahoga River. Part of the trail had been washed out by the water. The rushing water was powerful, a little bit scary, and soothing--all at the same time. The trail was lined with dandelions going to seed and so many types of little spring flowers tucked behind trees and leaves. As we heard the babbling river and the song birds, my heart was and is content.

The downed tree really left and impression on Sam. The other end was in that rushing water, so it was pulsing as the rushing current tugged on it. The strength of the water was incredible. It was like a motor was attached to the other end. It got me to thinking about people who are caught in all the flooding along the Mississippi. I feel sorrow for them, and I feel gratitude for what I have.

When do you feel content?

No comments:

Post a Comment