Friday, August 5, 2011

Free Printables For Fourth Grade Teachers


OK, there are some free printables here today for EVERYONE, but I want to give some props to 4th grade teachers.

I don't know what it's like where you are, but 4th grade is the fulcrum point between being a little kid and a big kid. It's the place between dependence and independence. I know all the grades before build to this point. (I have taught, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.) But there is something about 4th grade.

Where I am 5th graders physically move to a middle school building. And for all those 5th grade teachers who think that kids are still so small and dependent and needy when they arrive to you, imagine what they were like a year earlier.

So here is my little pep rally for 4th grade teachers:

Dear Amazing Teacher,

It is the dawning of a new school year, and you have a daunting task before you. You are so up for the challenge! You bring you life experience, your incredible work ethic, your idealism about education, teaching, and learning, and you're going to use them all this year. You're going to make lots of changes. You're going to keep learning and growing.

There will be days when you feel overwhelming discouragement. There will be days that you feel like you're on top of the mountain. Neither of those will be where you spend most of your days.

You're going to change some corner of the world this year. It might be so small or maybe remarkably large. But someone's life is going to be changed because you rose to the challenge of this year.

Go forth and be your best, amazing 4th grade teacher, and everything else will follow!


Here are some goodies for you

Words To Affirm Brave Teachers Poster

To Do List

August Calendar

Stop back to visit and pick up more freebies. I think I'll call them Fourth Grade Friday Freebies.

You might also want to visit my school website where I've collected lots of resources from other teachers! Click it in the sidebar!

You might want to visit my website www.BraveTeachers.com for more tools on how to take care of yourself this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment