Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Out With The Old And In With The New


I went to school yesterday, and my heart felt a great deal. The "big thing" I realized is it is going to take a real internal shift to stay true to myself and have the best year ever. And honestly, that shifting is never comfortable or easy. I do BELIEVE it is going to be soooooooooo WORTH IT!

I wanted to go back into my old habits and patterns, and just turn into a crazed worker bee. I mean everything in my heart was screaming that that it almost short circuited my thinking. I think it did for a few hours. This internal struggle also zapped lots of my energy for the rest of the day and evening.

So instead of jumping into that before school insanity with both feet, I'm making lists. I'm using the super cool To Do List. You can print it here. I'm still tempted to leave off self care items and beautiful affirmations for myself.

I'm making a list of rules for my new year. They're not the kind that are meant to guilt and shame. They are the ones that will help me feel fantastic when I reach my goals and end the year as my best school year ever! So here is my new list as of today:

1. I practice self care with kindness and acceptance of myself
2. I keep everything else as simple as I can.
3. I ask for help without fear or shame.
4. I recognize that the ONLY thing I can change is myself.
5. I am present and giving my best in every situation I encounter.

How is the new year feeling for you?

I have a super special offer over at Brave Teachers. It's only for a couple days, so check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment