Sunday, July 17, 2011

How I'm Spending My Summer Vacation




Have I mentioned how much I like Linky Parties?? Jodi over at Clutter Free Classroom is doing it again--all week. I really like that I get to see soooo many amazing other blogs! Check it out here. So the first day is writing about summer vacation. This is what I have to say. . .

This is my summer of courageous growing and stretching. I'm feeling the fear and doing it anyway.
I've taught my adventurous workshop, The Art and Soul of Brave Teachers, not once, but twice!
I've completed an ebook, There Is No Magic Wand--which is so much more than a book.
I'm taking 2 classes in which I'm learning how to use my computer to make podcasts, movies, tutorials, and PDFs--I'm feeling the fear and insecurity for sure!
I'm sending out Sweet Summer Treat emails every week. (sign up in the sidebar for these yummy bits for your heart)
I went to Lakeside with my little family.
This weekend I'm joining a Plein Air painting event in Akron.
I'm creating more good stuff for brave teachers--next week I might start sharing more.
I've read some good books. My favorite so far is The Help by Kathryn Stockett--which is going to be a movie.

I'm also spending time with my family, taking photos, and occasionally taking a nap!

What are you doing this summer?

1 comment:

  1. You are involved in a lot of activities! I'm currently taking different technology workshops to up my tech skills and doing some work around the house and gardening. My goals are to learn new things in technology, fix up things around my house before school starts up, and to take time to enjoy my garden. It's that old saying about "All work and no play..." Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete