Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Passage of Time




There's a part of me that wants to scream, "Where has summer gone?" But it's only a part of me that feels scarcity. The part of me that looks at what I don't have, instead of what I do have. Here are a few thoughts I've been having about the passage of time. . .

This morning I went for an amazing walk with my little family. It was just right--not too hot/not too cool! I thought why haven't we been doing this all summer, and then I thought because my mind, my body, and my spirit needed a healing season. While I was really productive in the first part of the summer--Art and Soul of Brave Teachers, There Is No Magic Wand, Affirmative Greetings card line, etc. I was also broken and battered. It's hard to acknowledge that. I needed time to just hang out around the house, play with Sam, read magazines, etc. That was enough. I do not need to regret that we did not take walks or program our life.

So now there are just a few weeks of summer left, and I want to think there isn't enough time. I think time is kinda' magical. I've noticed that when I'm doing something I really love or feel passionate about, I can get so much done in a relatively short amount of time. I don't understand that. I can't explain it. I just know it is. It happened yesterday when I was creating the calendar to go into Visioning The Best Year Ever. I had ideas, quotes, etc. I hoped there would be a big table at the coffee shop for me--there was! I created. I got most of it done in about 4 hours. Amazing! It's like a little time warp of creativity.

Time does not stand still. I look at Sam, who has lived with us for 810 days. It doesn't seem possible that he has all those toddler super powers already! If I rush along without intentionality time will continue to march on. Put if I'm intentional and aware with the time, there is enough for everything that is truly important

1 comment:

  1. I just love the thought that time is "magical". You are so right!

    ReplyDelete