Saturday, February 25, 2012

Grateful Teacher


He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."
- Epictetus


There is so much for which I'm thankful. There is also so much I take for granted--good health, a job, a comfortable place to live, and so much more.

It's easy to slide into thinking the glass is half empty, rather than half full. Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in all the things we don't have as teachers--not enough resources in the classroom, not enough support staff, not enough cooperation from students, parents, or administrators. Oh, that list could go on and on and on.

It really doesn't serve me. When I look at what I do have, I quickly recognize that I AM VERY BLESSED! My day feels lighter, and difficult situations feel more hopeful.

For this reason I am creating a special new kit titled, The Grateful Teacher Adventure Kit. It has some original artwork, a lesson written by me, a little project you can make, and some great ideas for turning pessimism into hope with gratitude. It's in a pdf format.

I'M GIVING THIS AWAY--THE GRATEFUL TEACHER ADVENTURE KIT IS FREE! All you have to do to receive it is sign up for newsletters, freebies and updates from Brave Teachers. This is free, too! (You can also unsubscribe at anytime.)

If you have already signed up on this blog or the Brave Teachers website, your copy will be arriving at your inbox next week!

SIGN UP HERE I can't wait to share the Grateful Teacher Adventure Kit with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment